In Chinese medicine, there are various factors causing overweight. Indeed, the problem can result from an imbalance of the spleen, the liver, the kidneys or poor food hygiene.
Fats are mucus. They are generated by the stagnation and accumulation of liquids. Mucus is responsible for many disorders. It creates overweight, cellulite and obesity.
The spleen is the ‘director’ of digestion. When the spleen function of transforming and transporting liquids and food is weakened by an excess of fat or sugar, it can’t evacuate the excessive amount of generated dampness. The more this dampness accumulates, the more it strikes the spleen and in long term it turns into mucus.
What is harmful for the spleen:
- To drink and eat cold often
- To drink alcohol
- To eat little or no breakfast
- To take a sweet breakfast instead of salty
- To eat late or a lot in the evening
- To eat at irregular hours
- To consume food that stores dampnesssuch as: industrial food, dairy products, anything cooked in fat, fried foods, etc.
- To eat raw (raw vegetables, salads …) instead of cooked
- To eat sweet food too frequently
- To drink a large amount of fluid while the body does not need it
Weight Loss Tips
- Avoid raw eating
- Avoid nibbling as much as possible
- Avoid drinking and eating too much sweet
- Avoid consuming too many dairy products
- Do not drink during meal. If you have to drink, do it at the end of the meal or afterwards. Drink a warm / warm drink (usually water or soup) in small quantities.
- Do not eat until you are fully satisfied, stop before feeling that your stomach is full
- Do not eat at irregular hours. Take meals at fixed times.
- Do not eat cold or frozen. Consume hot or warm.
- Do not eat before digesting the previous meal
- Eat meat less often and in smaller quantities
- Eat more vegetables, fruits, cereals
- Preferably use seasonal vegetables and fruit when possible
- Drink when you are thirsty, no need to force yourself to drink liters of water if your body does not feel like it does not make you lose weight, it overloads the spleen and the kidneys
- Avoid consuming industrial food, as well as refined flour products
- Try to be in a quiet emotional state while eating
- Do not eat too much in the evening
- Practice regular physical activity
When the internal dampness is excessive it weakens the spleen. And it will transform into fat.
Some foods will have to be reduced considerably:
- Fat food
- Fries (to be deleted)
- Some cereals that accumulate dampness(harmful for the spleen):
- Wheat (and any food based on wheat: noodles, bread …)
In place of the above cereals, eat cereals in their unprocessed form and especially: